FINALLY! SUCCESS! I was able to run Sims 3 on my netbook! Yahoo! I’ve been itching to install it on our desktop for a year now. It’s not until I googled if it’s possible for me to play it on a NETBOOK. Yes, that’s right! It’s possible. It is playable. Only that, of course, expect some lagness. My netbook’s specs are:
– Intel® Atom™ N450 1.6GHz
– GMA 3150 Graphics
– 10.1″ LCD
– 1GB RAM
I got the solution from the video above. Without doing so, your Sims 3 will not start.
I’m using WIN 7: (Changing the screen resolution)
– Open the registry by typing in your windows search, REGEDIT.
– Click EDIT – SEARCH and Look for “Display1_DownScalingSupported” and change it from 0 to 1.
– Restart your computer
– You can now change your screen resolution from 1024×600 to 1024×768
I’m using Sims 3 of RELOADED. The only downside about this version is that you can’t see the roof of your designed house or downloaded custom house. The houses that came with the game are fine tho. This is the Pre-release game version.
How to install Sims 3 RELOADED:
– Download Sims 3 RELOADED
– Unrar or Unzip just ONE file. (rld-sim3.r00) — it’s the first file after your download is complete.
– Use DAEMON tools to mount the ISO file.
– Install and use the serial (GJ99-VX9Z-P4WC-FP4U-GRLD)
– Open the Sims 3 folder by EXPLORE
– Look for the CRACK folder and open it.
– Copy the file TS3.EXE and paste it on your, Program FilesElectronic ArtsThe Sims 3GameBin folder. If it asks for you if you want to replace the file, just click YES.
– ENJOY! :]
For the PATCH 1.0.631: (If you want to upgrade your Sims 3 to the full retail version)
– Download Sims 3 – Retail Patch (RELOADED to full retail patched)
– Copy all files inside the Retail Patch folder
– Paste it on your, Program FilesElectronic ArtsThe Sims 3 folder. If it asks for you if you want to replace the files, just click YES.
– And now you have the FULL RETAIL VERSION OF THE SIMS 3. (1.0.631)
As for the custom contents, I’m still having trouble with the .packages files and the .sim files. It won’t show up! Except if I use a .sim3pack files, then I am able to install it via the Sims 3 launcher without any problem.
And yes, our desktop’s video card is old that Sims 3 won’t play. Too bad. Guess I have to buy a new one. starrstar